Thirsty Thursday : Strawberry Mint Julep
The Strawberry Mint Julip
Base Spirit : Bourbon
- In a rocks glass, muddle mint with a little drizzle of honey (original recipe called for 1 teaspoon superfine sugar).
- Pour in the bourbon, fill the glass with ice (preferably crushed ice) and stir until the glass starts to sweat. Add a splash or two of water, if desired, and stir again. Garnish with additional mint leaves and/or the mid-section of a strawberry (as shown in photos).
Already tried adding a little strawberry to your mint julep; how about peach?
The Mint Julip is one of the enjoyable and refreshing drinks to have on your summer date nights.
Stand out on a date or which entertaining friends and try it with a twist by adding a little strawberry goodness to the traditional drink.
- 7 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (to taste)
- 2 1/2 ounces strawberry-infused bourbon (see recipe above)
- 1 strawberry, for garnish (optional)